Registration is now open for PALS Kindergarten - Fall 2013
• a half-day kindergarten class - 9 a.m. til 1 p.m.
• 3 days per week in the Fall
• 4 days per week Winter and Spring
• Curriculum for reading, math, science and health & safety:
a creative, puppet-music-activity based curriculum
This comprehensive, thematically organized kindergarten program successfully immerses children in reading and writing, math and science, health and safety.
Land of the Letter People® is a research-based, classroom-tested, balanced literacy program that promotes successful reading and writing in the kindergarten classroom. Visit the Abrams Learning website to see how the Letter People curriculum correlates to the national common core curriculum standards. . . www.abramslearningtrends.com
Land of the Letter People uses 26 puppets, music, activities, journals, big books and family activity pages to . . .
- Foster individual success
- Support the Reading First initiative
- Promote word building, reading, and writing for kindergarten children, while allowing each child to move at her or his own pace
- Balance the best of phonemic awareness, the alphabetic principle, & predictable and decodable text with literature-based learning
- Model social skills and conflict resolution
- Create a motivating and fun-filled instructional environment