What is Confirmation?
Confirmation classes for 2012 - 2013 begins in October.
Every Sunday afternoon, 7th graders meet with Dr. David Campbell and Kristen Vardy.
They . . . .
- discuss the history of the local, national and world-wide Methodist church
- discover how the parts of an egg can teach you about the Trinity
- learn about the sacraments
- talk about the Apostle's Creed and what each part means
- discuss what it means to be a Christian
In addition to the weekly classes, the Confirmands have a weekend retreat to Lake Junaluska, NC. There they meet 200 other Confirmands from all over the Southeast. The weekend programing focuses on the five commitments Methodist make when joining the church. As members of the Methodist Church, we pledge to uphold the church with our prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness.
Then, they meet alone with our pastor and have an opportunity to give their hearts to Jesus, if they have not already made that decision.
When they return from the retreat, we have a special celebration dinner and then invite the entire congregation to join us for a special Confirmation Service.